Anti Fungal vs The Pill

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
But who?
not a newbie
Pronouns: She/her

Anti Fungal vs The Pill

Unread post by But who? »

I have been using a 6 day anti-fungal cream to treat thrust (last night was the 6th day of the cream ) and I am scared of the effect that it has on the pill due to my boyfriend cumming in me.
Ive tried reading up about thrust cream and the effect it has on the pill but nothing shows. The only thing ive read about anti-fungals is that there are 2 types that can interfere but the cream i had did not contain either one and nor did it contain a lefleat on the effect it has on the pill.
Should I take Plan B (morning after pill) or am I safe?

P.s I wanted him to either wear a condom or use the pull out method but he did neither (dumb mistake on my behalf :/)
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Anti Fungal vs The Pill

Unread post by Heather »

I'm unconcerned about this being an issue for a concern about pregnancy.

However:
a) Intercourse is often painful or uncomfortable while you have a yeast infection. Was this something you actually wanted because it felt good for you?
b) Ideally, you want to hold off on any intercourse until you are all done with your treatment, so you can heal faster.
c) Since he didn't use a condom, he may now develop thrush, which can then later result in poor you winding up with it again.

Can you two have talks about any or all of the above as needed?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
But who?
not a newbie

Hi,

A) He did not rape me by deception and we had a large talk afterwards about how we should carry on later. I was still quite mad at him that he did not listen to me before but as I said it is both of our faults.

C) This is where it gets confusing :/.
Once I started treatment I had a little bit of pain, no itchy no swelling but I still wanted to treat it. This is because I went to a clinic and a gp said I had herpes which I dont. This whole issue lasted for a week and a half and by then the symptoms were as I previously stated. I definitely should have waited until I was finished with the treatment.
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect condoms.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Karyn »

I'm glad you were able to talk to him about this - do you feel like he understood your concerns and will be respectful of any limits you set in the future?

Per the symptoms, I'm a little confused by your description; were you diagnosed with a yeast infection before you started this treatment? Did the doctor you saw recommend something else instead?
"Where there is power, there is resistance." -Michel Foucault
But who?
not a newbie

Yes I believe he will. He realised I was upset by his move and did apologise.

Sorry for the confusion I just didnt want to bore you with all the info.

So a gp (who was insensitive) said I had herpes. I was tested and still was in disbelief because there was no blisters. When the results came back I also finished my period. So I never had the discharge which is present with a yeast infection/thrust until after my period. The results were negative for herpes and I saw another gp and he said it was yeast infection I also saw a nurse who said the exact thing.
I then was also told I had an on going yeast infection without knowing it because every doctor I saw would just say give it a day.
I went and got treatment which seemed to do the trick but by doing the deed on Sunday I think I may have brought it back. (Idiotic move me)
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants

Unread post by Sam W »

Have you and he talked about how to make sure you have the protection you need in the future, such as making sure o always have condoms on hand? And, if he were to try and repeat this behavior (it sounds like he doesn't plan to, but it's good to have a contingency plan) do you feel like you'd be able to bring sex to halt until you had what you needed to be safe?

As Heather mentioned, it may be less about the infection coming back and more to do with having irritated any remaining symptoms from the infection via penetration. As much as you can, try not to beat yourself up about irritating it. You're certainly not the first person to discover your infection was not all the way gone this way.
But who?
not a newbie

We always have a condom at hand and if he tried to do it again without my permission id definitely hault any sexual acts with him.

I have anxiety so we always have the talk about protection and being safe. Just this time it went a little too close for comfort.

Thank you :)
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants

Unread post by Sam W »

You're welcome :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic