Pregnancy test

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Angeldelight123
not a newbie

Pregnancy test

Unread post by Angeldelight123 »

I took a pregnancy test this morning as I am due my period today, it was negative, can I trust this result?

The box said you can use the test as early as 4 days before your period is due.

I used first morning urine and timed it on my phone as the result is to be read within 5 minutes, so I'm pretty sure I did it properly.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Pregnancy test

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Angeldelight,

Yep, if you took the test according to the directions, you should figure you can trust the result. Really thought, this sounds like it's tying back to the anxiety you're struggling with. Have you had a chance to speak with your therapist about ways to manage your anxiety, especially as it relates to pregnancy? I also want to check: are you and your partner holding off on doing anything sexual that feeds your anxiety?
And you to whom adversity has dealt the final blow/with smiling bastards lying to you everywhere you go/turn to and put out all your strength of arm and heart and brain/and like the Mary Ellen Carter rise again.
Angeldelight123
not a newbie

Yeah we've agreed a few weeks ago that we're holding off sex for a while until I'm better, but the problem is I'm waiting for my period to show up so I can start on a clean slate, that's why I took a test this morning to ease my mind, so I was hoping the result will be accurate. I'm still waiting for my period and it can either come today or tomorrow but it's usually today at some point, I am on the pill so it should be coming some time today like the previous months. I'm getting impatient :(
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

That's good to hear. How are you tracking your cycle? It's normal to have a period arrive a few days late or early, but depending on how you're tracking it you may not have the most accurate picture of when it's coming.

Has your therapist given you any tools or techniques to help you when you anxiety around this issue flares up?
And you to whom adversity has dealt the final blow/with smiling bastards lying to you everywhere you go/turn to and put out all your strength of arm and heart and brain/and like the Mary Ellen Carter rise again.
Angeldelight123
not a newbie

Good news.. my period just arrived! Which means a clean slate and laying off sex for a bit.

Thank you Sam.
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

You're welcome. If you haven't, I really encourage you to get tools from your therapist for dealing with this anxiety, so that you don't find yourself trapped in a loop where you get your period, feel okay for a bit, then have the worry kick in again.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic