My uterus is too 'close'?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
emmajones2
not a newbie
Pronouns: she/her

My uterus is too 'close'?

Unread post by emmajones2 »

Hello you guyss
So, I started masturbating a few weeks ago (I'm a virgin). When I was masturbating (day 13), I discovered that "spongy" thing at the very end of my vagina, it was the length of my middle finger (like 3 inches), I searched online trying to figure out what it was and voila, it's my 'uterus', read some people on forums saying that it's because we have shallow vaginas, and they can't have "normal" sex because their partners can't get even half way in... I know this may sound very weird but I'm incredibly sad because of that. I am like disappointed, frustrated and don't even feel like masturbating/having sex anymore, when I can't be 'normal' and can't get my finger in without feeling that annoying thing :(

Please if someone can tell me anything to feel better I would strongly appreciate it ♥ even if you think it is dumb, I've been very sad these days. Thank you very much.
emmajones2
not a newbie

Re: My uterus is too 'close'?

(I'm sorry, I meant to say CERVIX, not uterus) Please don't judge me or call me dramatic for this please, it's how I've been feeling and I can't explain it... I know it's normal for a lot of women, it's my body and I got to accept it, but trust me I've been dreaming all my teenage years to live a normal sex life whenever the time comes, but now knowing that I'm that 'shallow' is frustrating.

Can't explain it but, I even lost motivation for masturbation, I don't see/want myself having sex now anytime in the future
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Emmajones,

First off, something that might make you feel better is that, when someone is aroused, their cervix actually pulls back. In other words, it changes how much space is in there. Too, it may help to keep in mind that you haven't been diagnosed with this by a healthcare provider, just by the internet. And honestly, what you're describing sounds like it's within the standard deviation of length of vaginal canal.

Beyond that, something that might be really helpful is to think about why the concept of not being able to have "normal" sex is so worrying to you. There's no one, "normal" way to have sex, but it sounds like the idea of maybe not being able to have a certain type of sex is stressful to you. A lot of people view PIV intercourse as be all end all of sex, but the truth is that there are tons of people out there who never have that kind of sex and have perfectly happy sex lives. Does that make sense?
emmajones2
not a newbie

Sam W wrote:Hi Emmajones,

First off, something that might make you feel better is that, when someone is aroused, their cervix actually pulls back. In other words, it changes how much space is in there. Too, it may help to keep in mind that you haven't been diagnosed with this by a healthcare provider, just by the internet. And honestly, what you're describing sounds like it's within the standard deviation of length of vaginal canal.

Beyond that, something that might be really helpful is to think about why the concept of not being able to have "normal" sex is so worrying to you. There's no one, "normal" way to have sex, but it sounds like the idea of maybe not being able to have a certain type of sex is stressful to you. A lot of people view PIV intercourse as be all end all of sex, but the truth is that there are tons of people out there who never have that kind of sex and have perfectly happy sex lives. Does that make sense?
Hi Sam, thank you for your answer and I'm sorry, I just realized the dumbness in my comment by saying that about "normal" sex. I referred to PIV intercourse. Your answer made me feel better as I didn't know my vagina canal could expand when I'm aroused (does that mean I haven't been properly aroused when masturbating?) Thank you for your answer, have a good day.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

You're welcome, happy to answer! And nope, as long as masturbation has been feeling good to you, you're not doing it wrong.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

This also has to do with what part of your fertile/menstrual cycle you are in. During more fertile times, the cervix is closer to the vaginal opening, and during less fertile times, further away. So, arousal is one piece, but this is another.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
emmajones2
not a newbie

Ohh Heather, now I get it. Thank you both so much ♥ ♥
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic