Spotting depo shot

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
cj4289
not a newbie
Pronouns: her

Spotting depo shot

Unread post by cj4289 »

I've had something like light brown spotting the last day or so. Ive also had an increased mucousy discharge. It's more like discharge with a light brown tint. I've been on depo for a little over a week, I made the switch from bc pills with no break. I got my shot the same day I took my last pill. My doctor and pharmasist told me it would work immediately and that I did not need to use condoms. I still used condoms for the first week, and still am. Is this normal with depo? Last time I tried the shot, over a year ago I don't remember this happening. It has me worried
Eddie C
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I create. :)
Primary language: Spanish and English
Pronouns: She, her, they, hey you!
Sexual identity: Happy :)

Re: Spotting depo shot

Unread post by Eddie C »

Hello there, cj.

Spotting is one possible side effect that the Depo-Shot can have. Some people report not having withdrawal bleedings at all after some time of using it, but some others have light bleeding or spotting regularly. Bodies need sometime to adjust when we make changes, but if you find it too annoying, you can always talk to your doctor and discuss other possible choices.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic