STDs..

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
KcK_2020
Awesomeness Quotient: The fact I care about others no matter what.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: I'm a heterosexual...

STDs..

Unread post by KcK_2020 »

When I was 18, I had unprotected sex with a guy I thought I could trust, turns out he gave me chlamydia and I had, had it for months before finding out. I got treated and thought it was done and over with, but I didn't know you had to wait so many days to have sex and I had sex the next day, but I didn't think I could be reinfected. 2 years go by and I'm with an amazing guy now and we're TTC and I'm having a hard time so I went to the doctor and the test came back positive for chlamydia so my boyfriend and I both received treatment(we took a z-pak) and we waited about 5 days to have sex, but we used condoms. We kept having sex but I made sure we used condoms, didn't expose each other to any discharge, washed our hands constantly, no oral, I was really cautious. I went back a week after taking the antibiotic and was still testing positive. My doctor said she wanted to see me back in 3 weeks for a retest. We waited almost 2 1/2 weeks to have unprotected sex. During the time after taking the antibiotics he showed a lot of improvement, his semen became clearer and his swollen, hard testicle became soft and he felt better. I only noticed a few changes, but I'm worried we didn't wait long enough. Could I still have chlamydia?
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: STDs..

Unread post by Mo »

This sounds like a really frustrating situation, I'm sorry to hear that you and your partner have been dealing with it! The only way to know if either of you still have chlamydia is to check back in with your doctor, but is possible for partners to continue transmitting it to each other if one partner still has it, and it sounds like that's what's been happening with you. It's going to be best if you wait until you both have tested negative for chlamydia before having unprotected sex again, although this is something you can check in with your doctor about at your next visit to see what she recommends. Is your partner having followup tests with his doctor as well?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic