Possible pill damage?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Quickquestion7
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Possible pill damage?

Unread post by Quickquestion7 »

Hi I went to take my birth control pills a few days ago and thought they seemed lighter in color. I kinda brushed it off and thought I was being paranoid until tonight when I compared my pill to one from my backup pack. It was definitely a little bit lighter (my pills are blue). I'm towards the end of my pack and I usually keep it in a small makeup bag. I also try to keep it out of the heat, but sometimes I have to bring it with me in my purse if I'm going out somewhere so I'm wondering if maybe this is a sign of heat damage? Or could it just be because the pack has been pressed against things in the bag/purse and some of the outer coating has been rubbed off? I haven't had any spotting (which I know can happen when your pills aren't as effective/if you skip a pill) but I started taking pills from my backup pack just in case.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Possible pill damage?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi quickquestion,

It is possible that this is some normal variation in how the pills are produced, or that coating rubbed off or faded. If you're concerned, I would call you pharmacist and ask them if this is cause for concern. In addition to using a back-up pack (or if you'd rather not use your back up pack), you could also back up with condoms for the time being as added protection.
And you to whom adversity has dealt the final blow/with smiling bastards lying to you everywhere you go/turn to and put out all your strength of arm and heart and brain/and like the Mary Ellen Carter rise again.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic