Bleeding after sex

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
shockreverse

Bleeding after sex

Unread post by shockreverse »

Oh boy Scarleteen boards. It's been many years since I needed advice from here since I've been going to a doctor. Unfortunately I lost my job a few months ago and my healthcare was cut.

I am female and have been with the same male partner for 10 years. It's been a rdy spell for us. He haven't really been having sex but we did on Saturday! It was a shock since it hasn't happened for us in a while.

Anyway. I supposed he may or may not have cut me (sharp nails?) or something because I was bleeding a lot afterward. I was shocked since my period was just a couple weeks ago.

But that was Saturday and it's Wednesday now. A considerable amount of time has passed and still I am spotting. I don't think I've been spotting consistently. If it was just a cut, I would be bleeding but it would have closed up until I accidentally reopen it, right?

I've been lifting weights recently. I don't know if that would be a problem. I've been weight training for more than a month and I just started doing heavy weight training (barbell squats, deadlifts and overhead bench press). I just started but I'm doing at least 5 reps of 70-80 pounds.

I am becoming so nervous about this. If it persists for more than a week indefinitely will go to a doctor ugh.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Bleeding after sex

Unread post by Heather »

Welcome back! :) So sorry about the loss of your job. :(

If it's only spotting, but it started as bleeding, sounds like whatever happened, it's resolving itself. Genital tissue is pretty delicate, and during arousal, blood pools there, so even a small scrape can sometimes cause a lot of bleeding, kind of like when you cut your lip. But you started with bleeding, then spotting, now only occasional spotting, so sounds like you've got nothing to worry about here.

I'd say that unless you start to have pain, or the bleeding increases again, no need to go to a doctor for this, unless you'd feel better doing that.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
shockreverse

Sorry forgot to mention that I don't use birth control and that I've been regular for the past 2-3 years. I'm 27.
shockreverse

Thanks heather! I'll keep a look out and will try to start freaking out. :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic