MORTIFIED!

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Jellowl
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm very chill and happy
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Straight

MORTIFIED!

Unread post by Jellowl »

As the title suggests, I AM MORTIFIED. EMBARRASSED BEYOND BELIEF.

My boyfriend and I had been planning a day where we could have a romantic day together; going out, having dinner, then going back to his place for some passionate sex. We had been planning it around a day where none of his family members would be around and we finally nailed the day.
It went as we wanted it to, his family all went to the beach just as we were coming back from dinner, ready for the night we waited for. When they left, things kicked off into high gear. We were having our much awaited sex, no holding back.
WELL, something we didn't prepare for was his 16yr old brother to COME BACK 30mins later because he forgot his swimsuit; WE DIDN'T HEAR HIM COME IN AT ALL THROUGH THE DOOR!
What does he do? He storms into my boyfriend's room to say hi and catches us in a very steamy session!!!
He just stood there and looked horrifed and as you could think, we were too! He quickly left and headed back to the car where we heard the rest of the family drive away. For me, it ruined the night. I couldn't even continue and left shortly after, feeling like I was going to cry at any minute.
I AM SO MORTIFIED. What can I possibly do in this situation? How can I ever look his brother in the eye again? I don't even want to go back to his place anytime soon! The embarrassment I feel would kill me on the spot!
Please, do you have any suggestions on how to get over...THIS?! :oops:
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: MORTIFIED!

Unread post by Mo »

Oh no, I can definitely understand how this could be an embarrassing and upsetting situation! Hopefully your boyfriend can have a conversation with his brother about the importance of knocking before opening doors in the future, and maybe also talk to him about how you're feeling embarrassed about it. If there's a way you'd like him to handle it (pretending he didn't see anything, and never talking to you about it, is a totally valid option here), maybe your boyfriend can pass that on to him so you don't have to.

I don't know if you find this helpful at all, but your boyfriend's brother is probably also feeling incredibly awkward and embarrassed about the situation. You might both have a hard time interacting for the near future, but I do think that if you try to move forward you'll both feel less and less awkward about it as time goes on. Just to check: is this a situation where you're worried about him talking to your boyfriend's parents about what he saw?
Jellowl
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm very chill and happy
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Unread post by Jellowl »

Aggh, so far there hasn't been any news that would suggest his brother told anyone about what he saw. I am very worried that he might though. I talked to my boyfriend about what we should do and he said he would talk to his brother. Currently waiting for a response on how that went over. :oops:
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

I think it's a good idea for him to be proactive and talk to his brother. I hope that conversation goes well and you don't have to wait too long for a report back.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic