Heavy Breasts

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Jellowl
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm very chill and happy
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Heavy Breasts

Unread post by Jellowl »

It's a little odd for me to have such swollen breasts this way. I am expecting my period in about a week so it's normal for my breasts to be tender and a little swollen beforehand. However, this time around they seem to be more swollen and heavier than normal with none of the normal tenderness; it feels like I am cupping some very full water balloons whenever I hold them. Could this just be a different and new symptom of PMS before my period or something, perhaps, more serious?

I am on birth control (it's my only method other than withdrawl during sex) and have been using it correctly ever since I began about 8 months ago, so the possibility of pregnancy should not be plausable.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Heavy Breasts

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Jellowl,

If your period is coming soon, then this is likely a PMS symptom (especially if it's accompanied by other PMS symptoms that you recognize). It's not unusual for PMS symptoms to vary from time to time, because our bodies are not machines. However, if the tenderness and swelling don't go away once your period passes, then it's time to check in with a healthcare provider to see what's going on.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic