Yeast Infection

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
gatesy08
not a newbie
Pronouns: she, her
Sexual identity: heterosexual

Yeast Infection

Unread post by gatesy08 »

I got a pap smear done in June. The doctor called me in July to tell me that it came back normal, but I am yeasty. I thought I might have been because of discharge I was having but other than that, no uncomfortable symptoms. The doctor said if I wasn't having any symptoms causing me discomfort I can just leave it alone. I got another pap due to complaining about spotting occasionally after sex. So my question is could a yeast infection cause spotting after sex?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Yeast Infection

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Gatesy,

Spotting after sex isn't a symptom associated with yeast infections. You can find out what symptoms are associated with them, and how to decrease your chances of getting an infection, here: Yeast Infections

Did your healthcare provider get back to you after the last pap smear?
And you to whom adversity has dealt the final blow/with smiling bastards lying to you everywhere you go/turn to and put out all your strength of arm and heart and brain/and like the Mary Ellen Carter rise again.
gatesy08
not a newbie

Yes. They called me last month to say it was normal.
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

Got it. In that same appointment, did you and your healthcare provider discuss other reasons why the spotting may be happening?
And you to whom adversity has dealt the final blow/with smiling bastards lying to you everywhere you go/turn to and put out all your strength of arm and heart and brain/and like the Mary Ellen Carter rise again.
gatesy08
not a newbie

Not overly. Possibly because I have changed my pill 4 times in the span of 8 months. So I have never given my body more than 2/3 months on each pill before changing to another.
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

Ah, that definitely sounds like a possible source of spotting (I just wanted to make sure things like STIs had been screened out as a cause).
gatesy08
not a newbie

Yes, I was screened for STI's as well. That's why I'm just so confused as to why it is happening. :(
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

I would go with what your healthcare provider has told you, especially given the fact that you've switched pills so many times and spotting is a known side effect of the pill.
gatesy08
not a newbie

Thanks, Sam.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic