Confused Beyond Reason

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
lotus8994
Pronouns: she/her

Confused Beyond Reason

Unread post by lotus8994 »

Hi, I had been using the combined pill and condoms but was taken off the combined pill for health reasons. I'm unable to use a copper iud because I become anemic during my menstrual cycle and pregestin based options make my migraines 10x worse. My gynecologist said there are tons of nonhormonal options and I have been utilizing spermicide and condoms. I use both for the whole time every time following manufacturer instructions and instructions I have found on this site and haven't had a problem. However, I'm left with two questions: the first is, even with perfect use, condoms are only 98% effective. What does that mean? Like even if I am doing everything right it can still break of come off? Or does it mean something microscopic will go wrong that I can't see? The second is, I had given my boyfriend a handjob before intercourse. My hands were dry I put on the condom and used spermicide then halfway through I touched myself. I've read so much conflicting info saying this is a risk
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Confused Beyond Reason

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi lotus8994,

Just to check: have you asked your question about condom effectiveness on our text service as well?

As for the question about risk, you can assume that information we give on the site about whether sperm can survive the transfer from penis to hand to vagina applies to your situation.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic