Scared about missed period

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Lillya89
Awesomeness Quotient: My eyes
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Scared about missed period

Unread post by Lillya89 »

I was supposed to start my period today and haven't yet. I have been stressed about it all week because I normally start early, my periods are irregular too.However I thought I might be a little late because of how stressed I've been now that schools started back. I thought I'd start today but I haven't yet and I am fearful that I'm pregnant, but I have no other signs of pregnancy. Also, my boyfriend and I always use condoms and since my last period we haven't had sex that often because of our busy schedules. Should I be worried or do you think my period will show up in a few days?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Scared about missed period

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi lillya89,

It's not unusual for periods to arrive a few days late or early, especially if your cycle has a habit of being irregular. You can read all about the different reasons for a missed or late period here: M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period? . You mention you were expecting it yesterday. Can I ask how you've been tracking your period and calculating what day it will start?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic