Birth Control Effectivessness

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
gatesy08
not a newbie
Pronouns: she, her
Sexual identity: heterosexual

Birth Control Effectivessness

Unread post by gatesy08 »

Do antidepressants affect the effectiveness of birth control pills?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Birth Control Effectivessness

Unread post by Heather »

As I believe I have explained to you in the past, prescribing physicians and pharmacists take all the medications a patient is taking into account when they are prescribing something additional or new and/or filling a prescription. So, no one is going to prescribe you a medication which makes another one less effective or ineffective.

I am concerned with the intense volume of posts from you that have been based in you not trusting your pills to do their job. Ideally, methods of contraception should dramatically decrease these kinds of concerns, but it seems like your pill is something that has been commanding an awful lot of your attention and focus.

I may have asked you this previously, but is the pill what you would choose as the method you want and trust most? Are you also backing up with condoms, since it seems like you don't feel comfortable with your pill by itself (and only condoms can give you protection from infections anyway)? have you ever had a conversation with whoever prescribes your medications where you have asked them the kinds of questions you are asking here, or asked about all your contraception options in the event you might feel more confident with a different method?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic