Premature ejaculation? Am I?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
cannavaro
not a newbie

Premature ejaculation? Am I?

Unread post by cannavaro »

Hi all,

I had sex with my gf during our holiday trip, twice, and sadly both session last less than 1 minute.
First, we had quite a long foreplay in the bathtub and when I am about to insert my penis inside her, I ejaculated. It makes me down but my gf was encouraging enough and told me that we could try again after bath. So before we sleep, we had foreplay again and this time I used condom (hope that it will last longer thinking that perhaps it is due to my penis sensitivity). But it is also the same result, I barely move my body and in less than 1 minute, I cum again.

The whole experience is sucks. Even my gf told me why am I "settling off so fast". I was so embarrassed to answer her. This is not the first time we had sex, we have been together for almost 2 years and previously we could last about 5-6 minutes.

Could it be due to the reason that I did not masturbate for 2 weeks that makes me aroused and penis sensitive? Usually I masturbate once a week or am I facing premature ejaculation problem? Though it was my fist time sex without condom (that happen in bathtub), I used to have sex with condom all the time. But 2nd time sex with condom, the result still the same? So I am kinda worry now.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Premature ejaculation? Am I?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Cannavaro,

We can't say for certain what might be causing this. I do want to say that ejaculating early, by itself, is not necessarily indicative of anything actually being wrong. However, it sounds like you would like to go back to having a slightly longer period between starting intercourse and ejaculating. One of the more common causes of premature ejaculation is anxiety or nervousness about "performing." Is that something that you've been having? You may also want to give this article a read:
http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advic ... i_fix_this

I do also want to ask: is your girlfriend on some form of hormonal birth control? Because if there was direct genital to genital contact without a condom, and she is not on another form of birth control, there was a pregnancy risk. And, are the two of you up to date on your STI testing?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic