I'm a virgin and my girlfriend is not... How do I talk to her about sex

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
LesbianPanic
Awesomeness Quotient: I like my body at the moment
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them
Sexual identity: I'm a lesbian

I'm a virgin and my girlfriend is not... How do I talk to her about sex

Unread post by LesbianPanic »

So I'm a 15 year old Lesbian. My girlfriend is 16. She has had multiple partners in the past and is a very sexual/touchy feely person. I know that she would be willing to go slow with me since I'm a virgin (haven't even had my first kiss yet). But I have no idea how to start the conversation. I'm worried I'll same something wrong and offend/scare her.
al
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I make zines!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queer

Re: I'm a virgin and my girlfriend is not... How do I talk to her about sex

Unread post by al »

Hi there LesbianPanic, and welcome to Scarleteen!

I'm glad you feel that your girlfriend would be respectful to you, but I have to ask - are you interested in becoming sexually active? Just because she has had multiple sexual partners before doesn't mean that you need to start doing something that you may or may not feel ready for. Around here we like to use the Scarleteen Sex Readiness Checklist, a really useful tool for folks who haven't had sex before and are thinking about whether or not it's something that they feel ready for and/or want. And if you don't, that's okay! There's plenty of time to take things at a pace that feels comfortable and good for you.

Either way, we can always help brainstorm what that conversation might look like - while you're at it, you might also find Be a Blabbermouth! The Whys, Whats, and Hows of Talking About Sex with a Partner helpful!
Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only in contradiction to what we know of it. -Special Agent Dana Katherine Scully
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic