Missing Period

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
TooWorry
not a newbie
Primary language: English

Missing Period

Unread post by TooWorry »

Hello,

So I have missed my period this month which is really weird because I normally have a period every month. I’m a bit irregular but for the most part, I get a period every month. This month my body seems to be acting strange. The last time I had sex was back in August & since then I had a regular period for the month of August & the month of September. Now my October period is 8 days late. I’ve never been this late before. I have however, skipped periods before but that hasn’t happened for a few years. Should I be worried of something wrong like PCOS? I know pregnancy is not possible because I have had two full periods since the last time I had sex. So I don’t know what to do. I’m a little stressed out & pretty nervous.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Missing Period

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Tooworry,

There are a few different reasons why a period could be later than expected, especially if it's so far a one-time occurrence. You can read about those reasons here to see if any of them might apply to you: M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic