doubts on pregnenecy

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
hinata
not a newbie
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she

doubts on pregnenecy

Unread post by hinata »

We had an intercourse at evening and i took a clear 72 after 2hrs and the next day when we were having protected sex the condom broke ,immediately we stopped and the next day morning we had intercourse .i doubt the pre ejaculation happened..will there be chances of pregnency..if so how to avoid it ?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: doubts on pregnenecy

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Hinata,

Any time a condom breaks during intercourse there is a risk of pregnancy. Since it sounds like you have access to emergency contraception (which is what clear 72 is) if you want to minimize your chances of pregnancy you'll want to take that again. You can also read this article, which tells you how to use condoms in a way that minimizes the chances of them breaking: All the Barriers! All the Time!

Just to check, have you and your partner both been tested for STIs? And given that you do not want to become pregnant, are you currently using any other method of birth control besides condoms? And are you using condoms every time you have sex?
hinata
not a newbie

Unread post by hinata »

it was our first time.
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

Okay, if you are each others first sexual partners, then the chances of STI transmission are low to none. You can read more about that here: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advic ... ave_an_std

What about birth control? Are you only using condoms, and have you used condoms for every instance of intercourse?
hinata
not a newbie

Unread post by hinata »

i took clr 72 na will that be able to reduce the chances ..for wt happened the next days ?
hinata
not a newbie

Unread post by hinata »

haa condom and clr 72 is wt all we used
hinata
not a newbie

Unread post by hinata »

on second day we used condom for every instance and he didnt cum much it seems and later when we were about to have another intercourse it broke....on third day we had intercourse twice and he said that he didnt get cum ..but i think he got pre ejaculation
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

Okay, while condoms are a great form of birth control, if you want to minimize your chances of pregnancy you'll want to back them up with a second method like the birth control pill, an IUD, or various other options. You can read about why we recommend that here: The Buddy System: Effectiveness Rates for Backing Up Your Birth Control With a Second Method . If you're interested, we can give you resources on choosing a second method of birth control that fits your needs.

I would not recommend continuing to use clear 72 as your second method. While emergency contraception is great in instances of unprotected sex or a failed condom, it's not meant to be used as a regular method of birth control due to both cost and the fact that it can make your menstrual cycle irregular.
hinata
not a newbie

Unread post by hinata »

but i have used a pill 2 days ago already na ..so if i take another one now..wont that affect ?..yes please suggest a second method
hinata
not a newbie

Unread post by hinata »

are there any home remidies to not get pregnent or reduce the chances of pregnency?
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

You can take emergency contraception as many times as needed for things like unprotected sex or condom failure, you just shouldn't use it as your default second method . And yes, the emergency contraception you've taken may effect your menstrual cycle over the next few months.

Okay! I suggest you go through our birth control bingo page and take a look at different methods to see which ones seem like a good fit for you: Birth Control Bingo! .

And no, the only way to avoid getting pregnant or reduces the chances of pregnancy is to either not have intercourse or use a reliable method of birth control.
hinata
not a newbie

Unread post by hinata »

birth control methods(from the site u suggested:birth control bingo) should be taken in how much time after the intercourse
hinata
not a newbie

Unread post by hinata »

we r not going to have intercourse again for a long long time..i just want to make sure i wont get pregnent this time.what should i do?
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

With the exception of emergency contraception, birth control is not only taken after intercourse. When it is taken depends on the method. The pill is taken once a day, the birth control shot is gotten every three months, and things like the IUD or the implant are inserted by a healthcare provider and left for years at a time. Does that make sense?

As for this incident, if you want to decrease the chances of pregnancy resulting from the broken condom, you'll want to take emergency contraception as soon as possible. It can't guarantee you won't get pregnant, but it will give you the best possible chance at not becoming so.
hinata
not a newbie

Unread post by hinata »

haa i am clear now..thankk u..so if i take the EC again now..it will reduce the chances and wil also disturb my cycle na ?
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

Correct. Everybody reacts a little differently to EC, but cycle irregularity is a common side effect so there is a good chance you will experience it.
hinata
not a newbie

Unread post by hinata »

thank u very much
hinata
not a newbie

Unread post by hinata »

can i use postpone72 now for 2nd time..or should i use only clear 72 as i have done before?
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

Postpone 72 should also be fine, based on the info I can find about it. You can double-check by asking the pharmacist or checking the information that comes with the pill packaging.
hinata
not a newbie

Unread post by hinata »

i am having severe cramps since morning and at around 9:30 i got bleeding but it stopped in 10min and after 30min have seen only spots..are these symptoms of pregnency or the sideeffects of the emergency contraceptive pills
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

There isn't a way for us to say for sure what's causing the spotting. At this point, your best option is to follow the steps in this article based on your situation: The Pregnancy Panic Companion
hinata
not a newbie

Unread post by hinata »

thank u for the article...but i am not understanding ..my last period is on sep25th ...the day i took postpone 72 was on 10th after 12hrs of intercourse and today its happening like this
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

It can be confusing when your body does something unexpected. Unexplained bleeding or spotting is a possible side effect of emergency contraception, but we can't say for certain if that's what is happening here. If you continue to have concerns, you can use that pregnancy panic guide I linked you to for next steps. If the bleeding continues and you're concerned, you can also check in with a healthcare provider.
hinata
not a newbie

Unread post by hinata »

thank u sam w ..and can u suggest some home pregnency test?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Any brand of pregnancy test is equally effective so long as it's not outside the expiry date and used according to directions.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic