I had a problem with my account

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
unchained
not a newbie
Primary language: Spanish
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: Asexual/Biromantic

I had a problem with my account

Unread post by unchained »

So, some time ago, I found this website and after a lot of doubt I created and account and submitted a question. This one here: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advic ... as_asexual

For some reason, when I tried to login again, after it had been answered I couldn't. I tried to recover my password but I got an error message saying neither my username nor the e-mail I had used to register were... registered. After trying a lot, I decided to just go and try to create a new account. First off I verified that my e-mail was safe, just in case. So, when I came here I found the site actually allowed me to create an account with the same username I had used the first time?

And well, since I have been doing a lot of introspection over that answer I was given, I figured that before doing anything else in the message boards, I would clarify this.

I apologise if this wasn't the right place to post it. I'm just not sure about what happened to my original account.
"So how far did you go for shelter?
How long did it take you to find,
a place to sell your providence
and a harm peace of mind?"

- Shinedown, "I'm Alive."
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: I had a problem with my account

Unread post by Mo »

Our main site, where you submitted that question, actually uses a different account from our message boards. So if you only logged in there before, and not here, that's why you couldn't log in here - you hadn't registered for the message boards yet.
If you had registered for the message boards before, I'm not sure what the issue could have been, but you're here now and that's the important part!
unchained
not a newbie
Primary language: Spanish
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: Asexual/Biromantic

Re: I had a problem with my account

Unread post by unchained »

Oh, well... Thank you for the quick answer!
"So how far did you go for shelter?
How long did it take you to find,
a place to sell your providence
and a harm peace of mind?"

- Shinedown, "I'm Alive."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic