Pre ejaculate

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Charliex
not a newbie
Pronouns: She/her

Pre ejaculate

Unread post by Charliex »

can I have more detailed information than what's on your topic about pre ejaculate on fingers gets rubbed on vaginal opening . ( not asking what the risk is and is not personal just would like some more I information )
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Pre ejaculate

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Charliex,

Can you share a link to the specific topic or article you're referring to, since it's a subject that's come up on the message boards many times? And can you give me a sense of what details you're looking to learn more about?
Charliex
not a newbie

What I mean is in one post it says that if ejacualtion gets rubbed on vulva there is a chance of pregnancy , but yet on your " risk post showering what the risk is with each activity " it says that there is no risk when pre ejaculation/ ejaculation is on the fingers during manual sex
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Again, we can't know which pieces you are referencing to discuss them without titles or links. I also don't know what kind of information you're looking for about this: are you looking for information about STI risks or pregnancy risks, or, since you say you're not asking about that, for some other kind of information about rubbing fluids from the penis on the vulva?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Charliex
not a newbie

Pregnancy risk , im saying that in a few of your posts your contradicting yourselves , saying that rubbing lre ejac on vulva isn't a risk then saying that it is , so I'm asking here is it a risk or not ?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

I doubt they do (but again, since you won't share what they are with us, despite repeated attempts to get that information from you, I can't speak to that). More likely they simply say the same thing in different ways. I also need to make clear that given your post history, this really does feel like a roundabout way of having a pregnancy scare addressed. Maybe it isn't, but if it is, please know trying to squeeze around our limits instead of respecting them isn't okay.

All the same, to be sure it's clear and current for you: if someone were to ejaculate or pre-ejaculate directly unto someone else's vulva, that presents risks of both pregnancy and STIs, though pre-ejaculate presents much, much smaller risks because it often does not contain any sperm cells, and when it does, only contains a small amount and generally the weakest cells there are. If you want exact numbers, that's not something we (or anyone else) is going to be able to give you, because fertility is much more complex than that and people's bodies, fluids and cycles all vary quite a lot.

If someone has just ejaculated or pre-ejaculated on their hands then rubbed those fluids unto the vulva, the pregnancy risks decrease accordingly, because that is then not direct contact. And the longer someone waited to do that, perhaps even to the point that the semen dried on their hands and was no longer fresh at all, the more and more those risks decrease, making their way to no risk at all, because sperm cells are delicate, and if it were pre-ejaculate, again, there may not have even been any to begin with.

Honestly, the easiest answer with any of this is to have partners just wash their hands before touching your vulva, something you'll ideally want them to do anyway, because hands are full of bacteria all the time and vulvas are sensitive to bacteria. You probably don't want whatever was on the bus that day in your pants. :) When people just wash their hands before touching your genitals, this all becomes a total non-issue.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic