Just Curious

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
Lucy4
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Cisgender & Heterosexual

Just Curious

Unread post by Lucy4 »

Hi,
I've always been a bit of of a late bloomer. I'm 21 and I have never had a boyfriend or had sex. I didn't experience the feeling of being attracted to somebody until I was 19. I'm completely fine with it, I'm just curious if anyone else experienced it late. : )
K1tty
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Everything

Re: Just Curious

Unread post by K1tty »

I've never have, I'm actually the opposite of what you are going thru and what you are. I'm a early bloomer, waaaay early ☺️ Hope you have fun exploring this newfound feeling
MusicNerd
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: my creativity
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/they
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by MusicNerd »

hi there, Lucy! so yeah, i'm actually in the same boat-- 21 years old, never been in a relationship or had sex before. i'm still in the process of unlearning problematic things regarding stigma about it and trying to be more comfortable with that, but it's good to know i'm not alone :)
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss
Kaizen
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I've kept a journal for thirteen years so far
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Unread post by Kaizen »

I was 18 before I really had a crush that I felt like acting on. Through high school I was definitely attracted to guys, I just never really wanted to tell them or try to pursue a relationship. It was just fun to think about!

Just past 18 I found the first guy I really wanted to date, but he decided (for valid reasons) not to continue into a relationship. (Then I spent way too long obsessing over 'what I did wrong'.) After I was 19 I briefly dated a couple of guys before settling into the relationship I've been in since.

I figure if someone hasn't been in a relationship/kissed/had sex/whatever, it's because
1) They haven't wanted to do so yet, whether that's not wanting it in and of itself or not having found a person with whom they want to do it
2) There was someone they wanted to do it with, but that person turned them down. Surely was not fun for them, why would I want to make it worse?
3) There was someone they wanted to do it with, but they didn't ask. Surely not something they're happy about, bringing it up again is not going to make it better
...so no matter what, why judge?
Lucy4
not a newbie
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Cisgender & Heterosexual

Unread post by Lucy4 »

I think what it is for me is that I've only recently gotten over the "boys make me sick" feeling. I somehow knew I was straight growing up though. I think I'm just very picky when it comes to guys. : )
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic