Period/pregnancy

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Queencat
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her

Period/pregnancy

Unread post by Queencat »

I am on birth control and currently taking antibiotics for a throat infection I have. My doctor did tell me that it can counteract my birth control so just to be careful. I had sex on Jan 1st (no condom) and he pulled out. (Its now saturday, 5 days later) I am now on my sugar pill of my birth control. I started the sugar pill 4 days ago. Every time I start the sugar pill I get my period 2 or 3 days after starting it and I still haven't gotten it on the 4th day. Could that be from my antibiotics or should I be worried about being pregnant? If I do need to worry about pregnancy, would plan be work 5 days after sex??
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Period/pregnancy

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Queencat,

You can take Plan B up to five days after an incident, although it's more effective the sooner it is taken. Do you know how to access it if you wish to take it?
As for next steps around your concerns about pregnancy, this article will walk you through them based on your specific situation: The Pregnancy Panic Companion .

Can I ask if you were comfortable with not using a condom for this encounter?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic