Birth Control Overkill

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
punkskulls
Awesomeness Quotient: Passionate about civil rights/liberties
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Birth Control Overkill

Unread post by punkskulls »

Hello,

I have a question about the implant. Is it possible that being overweight makes it less effective? I constantly freak out over pregnancy despite using the implant and condoms, bc i'm overweight and i fear it makes it less effective. I also freak out about pregnancy scares every few months (i dont have a period) despite using 2 BC and barely having sex anyways.

I know im irrational, and a false pregnancy test will usually end those bouts. But its frustrating, and i'd just like to know.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Birth Control Overkill

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi punkskulls,

Weight is not something that is known to cause the implant to fail (too, if your weight could possibly cause issues with your birth control your healthcare provider would likely have brought it up when you discussed getting the implant). And it's actually great that you're backing up with condoms, as we recommend people use two methods to be as safe as possible.

Since it sounds like you're having ongoing pregnancy fears, have you had a chance to look at this article? You're Not Pregnant. Why Do You think You Are? . It covers many of the reasons people find themselves unable to shake their pregnancy fears, so it's worth taking a look to see if there's something in there that resonates with you.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic