Lube??

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Kichi
Awesomeness Quotient: Creative
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: Lesbian

Lube??

Unread post by Kichi »

Hi I'm a 16 year old girl and for a few years now I've been experimenting with masturbation. So far the only thing that has worked for me is clitoris masturbation. Last year I started trying penetration, but I've found that trying to do this will start hurting after a few seconds,and jeeps hurting until i stop. I don't think it's because of the positions, as I have tried multiple, and when I looked it up, the recurring answer was using lubrication, but as I am still a minor, I live with my dad and he does all the shopping while I am at school. I don't go to any shops by myself and I don't really have a lot of money to buy lube either, so my question is if there's any kind of product I could use for lube that would be found in homes? Like oil or something, if possible.
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: Lube??

Unread post by Mo »

Some people do find that olive or coconut oil work for them as a lubricant; that's something you could try. Things to keep in mind about it: you want to make sure you're using *just* the oil, not oil with something else added. Some people find oils feel uncomfortable or irritating with vaginal use, so start off with just a little, maybe using it externally for clitoral stimulation first. Oil is difficult to wash out of fabric, so you probably want to have an old towel or two that you put under yourself & keep on hand to wipe your hand off, etc. Coconut oil is pretty light so may not leave you feeling super greasy, but remember if you want to wash it off that you don't want to get soap in your vagina at all. At most you can use a really mild soap externally but you want to be careful so you don't cause irritation.

Keep in mind, too, that if you aren't already feeling really relaxed and aroused before you start trying to insert any fingers, it's not likely to feel that great. Not everyone enjoys the feeling of fingers in their vagina, but even for people who do, they usually only enjoy it when they're starting off very aroused before any insertion happens.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic