Excess fluid when I orgasm

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
DarkLady
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She
Sexual identity: Queer

Excess fluid when I orgasm

Unread post by DarkLady »

Okay, so two years ago now I asked a question on here about needing to pee after orgasm and it was suggested I talk to my doctors, after talking about it with my healthcare providers they assured me everything was normal and that it would go away in time. You can read that question here (http://www.scarleteen.com/bb/viewtopic. ... 948#p23948).

While it did stop, something else kind of developed instead, something which my doctor in Ireland at the time said was normal but is also really inconvenient. I am mtf and have been taken hrt for over two years now, back when I was hormonally male I would orgasm/ejecualte a small amount of white fluid. Ejaculation stops shortly after I begin to take HRT, later it came back as a small amount of clear fluid, however it began to increase over time. Now when I orgasm, a huge amount of clear fluid is produced.

The experince in itself is rather pleasurable but at the same time it ruins my bed,the fluid seeps through everything, sheets, blankets and towels you name it and goes right into my mattress.It's like I am wetting the bed everytime I orgasm except for the fact that the fluid is not uirine-it doesn't smell like urine nor has a yellowish tinge to it. It's completly clear and thankfully odorless. I have no idea what this fluid actually is.

Does anyone have any ideas about how I can lessen the flow a litte or else maybe something that could at least abosrb this so that I am runing my matress. I am going to see my endocrinologist in the near future, but here in Spain I see someone privatly so that might be a while. Thanks for any in put.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Excess fluid when I orgasm

Unread post by Heather »

Not knowing exactly why this is happening for you (you don't have a urethral sponge or other anatomy that would have this be ejaculation, to my knowledge), but knowing a doctor who provides your care, and I assume your transition, said it was nothing to worry about, all I can really do is accept that information and talk practical solutions. But if you want a second medical opinion about this, by all means, I see no reason not to pursue that.

I can't tell you how to change the flow here, because I don't know where it's coming from to know if that's even impossible. But what I'd suggest you look into as a way to not ruin your mattress is either the kind of mattress cover they make for those with incontinence or, something I have (Lunapads made the ones I have, and don't seem to make them anymore, but other people probably make them, too), which is a big square with soft flannel on both sides and a waterproof middle. It's made to use for sleeping when someone has their period, but can also be used for ejaculation or other wet messes.

If nothing else, just a couple towels should help a lot, as towels will absorb most of the fluid.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
DarkLady
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She
Sexual identity: Queer

Unread post by DarkLady »

Hi Heather

I'll try out your suggestion with mattress covers for people with incontinece, can't hurt to give them a shot. What was the name of the product Lunapads used to make? Something waterproof would probably be best.

I will talk to my doctor about this again. I just don't see how this could be happening because as you said I don't have the anatomy for this. Thank you for your input and advice.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

They called it a menstrual blanket at the time. I looked, they don't make them anymore. (But if you sew, it was literally just three layers of fabric: two thick flannel layers with a layer of waterproof nylon in the middle, all sewed in a big rectangle, maybe a yard or so.)

I am myself pretty curious about what's happening. I can only assume this is fluid coming from the bladder or ureters (which isn't always urine and can be clear), but that seems unlikely given the volume. I'm sorry I can't be of more help!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic