Spontanious

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Chimichanga
not a newbie
Pronouns: She/her

Spontanious

Unread post by Chimichanga »

Hi!
So I'm bicurious, tomorrow is my first pride parade and I'm hoping to (consensually) get a little frisky ONLY KISSING THOUGH. Can I get sti or std from kissing strangers?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Spontanious

Unread post by Heather »

Happy Pride, and hope your first is awesome!

You can potentially pass on or pick up infections from kissing anyone, whether you know them already or not. It's not like someone being a stranger or not makes pathogens work any differently. :)

Generally, what people are most at risk of with kissing on the mouth is the common cold or flu, seconded by mononucleosis and the oral Herpes virus. Only the latter two tend to get filed under STIs, and other STIs aren't really risks with kissing.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Chimichanga
not a newbie
Pronouns: She/her

Unread post by Chimichanga »

Latter two?
Jacob
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: They

Unread post by Jacob »

Hi chimichanga,

Heather meant the 'latter two' as in the last two things mentioned on her list, namely, "mononucleosis and the oral Herpes virus" are things which can be categorised as STIs... and can be got by kissing.

Is this something that worries you?

It is your personal choice here. Plenty of people the world over to plenty of kissing, and it's one way some viruses can pass but this isn't a judgement on anyone who takes part. It's just something we choose to be ok with or not.
"In between two tall mountains there's a place they call lonesome.
Don't see why they call it lonesome.
I'm never lonesome when I go there." Connie Converse - Talkin' Like You
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic