Brown discharge

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
LB
Pronouns: she/her

Brown discharge

Unread post by LB »

HI,
First of all my period is 6 days late (its usually always 30-31 days long). I had protected sex a week after my period and we used condom and pull out method so i know pregnancy is a tiny risk.

The main issue is that almost a week after the expected end of my fertile period i started having brown discharge that was thick in texture which lasted for about a week. Why could this be?
This has never happened to me before and if I'm being honest i didn't worry about it before but now that my period is late and i haven't got my usual symptoms of sore boobs I'm beginning to worry.
Thanks
Alice O
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm really good at taking naps.
Primary language: Engish
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: hetero

Re: Brown discharge

Unread post by Alice O »

Hey LB,

Welcome to the boards :)

We aren't able to diagnose your symptoms over the computer, so your best bet is to give your gynecologist or other healthcare provider a call and set up an appointment. They should be able to answer your questions! Do you feel able to do that?

(One thought: It's possible that the thick brown discharge was your period. Sometimes blood is dark brown. Anyway, that will be clarified at your appointment!)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic