Birth control & the cold

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Horselover12
Pronouns: She

Birth control & the cold

Unread post by Horselover12 »

I left my birth control inside near the windowsill with the windows open. I keep my birth control in a bag but the temperature at the lowest got down to the 50s and it was there for 10 hours. I’m wondering if my birth control is ineffective now?
Horselover12

Re: Birth control & the cold

Horselover12 wrote:I left my birth control inside near the windowsill with the windows open. I keep my birth control in a bag but the temperature at the lowest got down to the 50s and it was there for 10 hours. I’m wondering if my birth control is ineffective now?
Horselover12

Horselover12 wrote:I left my birth control inside near the windowsill with the windows open. I keep my birth control in a bag but the temperature at the lowest got down to the 50s and it was there for 10 hours. I’m wondering if my birth control is ineffective now?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Please don't bump posts like this. In our user agreement, we make clear we generally answer most questions within 24 hours, and we ask users not to bump until it's at least outside that time window. It's not even been one hour.

What you are describing is a non-issue. Heat is a known issue with oral contraceptives and their efficacy, but not cold (and 50 degrees isn't really cold anyway). You're all good here.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic