What Do I Say

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
VeryConfused
Pronouns: She/her

What Do I Say

Unread post by VeryConfused »

*Ahem* So let's begin.
Uh... I'm sixteen and I barely know anything about sex. I don't get many jokes but I do... feel that stuff, you know?
Like I think about kissing a boy and I get this weird feeling. I know that's arousal, but I have a problem.
When I think about monsters, that feeling gets worse.
Let me explain; I was reading about VenomxEddie from the new Venom movie and I... was thinking about the Symbiote thing. Long tongue, you know? And I was getting that feeling again.
I looked it up seeing as how I've had that attraction to supernatural creatures/monsters for a long time, and it turns out I might be sexually attracted to fictional, inhuman creatures.
The worst part is, how do I tell my Mom?
The arousal doesn't feel good. Like, it's warm and stuff, but there's no build up (I know I'm thinking of an orgasm, but I've never masturbated before and I'm way too afraid to if I were to get caught). I want to get help, and I can only think of asking my mother. How do I tell her I like fictional monsters?!
Siân
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I ask ALLLLL the questions
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Figuring it out

Re: What Do I Say

Unread post by Siân »

Hi VeryConfused!

Welcome to the boards :)

First off, there's nothing wrong or even particularly unusual about feeling aroused at supernatural creatures. Plenty of people have sexual fantasies and most of those don't match up with reality in a myriad of ways, it just so happens that for you those ways are pretty obvious.

It sounds like this has you feeling bad though, can you tell me more about that? Is it the feeling of arousal itself that doesn't feel good? When you say you want to get help, what do you want help with?

In terms of talking to your mum about this, I would say it's unusual to share with our family the details of the things that interest us sexually. It's normal to have a degree of privacy and healthy boundaries with our sexuality so there's really nothing saying you HAVE to tell her, you know? Is there a particular reason you'd want to?

Also, you mentioned not knowing a huge amount about sex. Are there things you'd like to know more about? You can take some time reading around on sites like ours, or we're always happy to talk to you about specifics!
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

I want to echo the statement that being attracted to fictional monsters/aliens/space-symbiotes isn't wrong at all. There has actually been a good bit of interesting cultural commentary lately about why people are drawn to monsters or aliens, and part of that has been that people's reactions to media like the recent Venom movie or The Shape of Water have brought monster-attraction a bit further into the mainstream spotlight than it has been previously. Fandom spaces have been interested in nonhuman creatures as objects of romantic or sexual attraction for a long time; I think it's become more widely discussed lately but it isn't new, and while some people might be confused about the appeal of it, it really isn't that weird or unusual of an interest to have!

You get to have whatever feelings you have about this, but I want to be really clear that there isn't anything wrong with having this sort of attraction, or anything about yourself that you have to change.
solareclipse94
not a newbie
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: Pansexual
Location: in a house, on a road, in a town, in a state, in a country, on Earth

Unread post by solareclipse94 »

VeryConfused,

I know what you mean. I got sexually aroused when I saw The Shape Of Water movie and also I daydream about some cartoon characters that I find attractive. I mean I'm not completely straight and I don't understand why I get aroused at those specific moments.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic