Spotting and no period

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
shorty3080

Spotting and no period

Unread post by shorty3080 »

I really need help, I am supper scared because I am now 5 days late in my period and my cycle ranges from days 28-35, last month I got it on the 7th. Also I spotted pinkish about 4 days ago and that usually how I start my period by spotting light pink but then there was still no period after that and I took a pregnancy test on the 9th and it came out negative but i don't know of it was too early. I have been sexually active with my boyfriend although we always use a condom, but last month we rubbed our genitals together without any clothing although it never went in and he had ejaculated before that but he cleaned himslef with a napkin but I believe he had precum. Also is there a possibility of pregnancy when a person who touches his sperm minutes before having manual sex and cleanes himslef with a napkin before having manual sex.I believe it was my second day fertile when this happened but I am not really sure if i was. And can having protected sex on the day your period should be due delay your period? All this period thing and pregnancy scare has really been stressing me out.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Spotting and no period

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi shorty,

So, intercourse always poses some risk, although with a condom that risk is very, very small. Touching genitals without any barrier between them also poses a risk.

Just so you know, it's normal for periods to vary in their arrival times for all sorts of reasons (although having intercourse is not one of them). And, you did the sound thing by taking a period test to try and rule out pregnancy as a reason. Assuming you followed the directions on your specific test in terms of how and when to take the test, you can trust the results.

It also sounds like having this type of sex is causing some anxiety for you. If that's the case, you might want to consider scaling the activity back to a level where you feel more aware of and comfortable with any risks involved.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic