Birth Control Pills Question

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
cateylynne

Birth Control Pills Question

Unread post by cateylynne »

I started taking birth control pills for the first time about a month ago. Since then my body has been weird, which is what I would expect. Throughout the last month or so, I have had two or three time spans where I was lightly cramping and bleeding for about 2-3 days. Whenever my boyfriend and I have sex we are very careful. We use condoms (which most of the time are pre-lubricated with spermicide) and he pulls out before ejaculation. Afterward he always goes into the bathroom to check that the condom does not have holes in it by filling it with water. The problem is, I did not get a period when I took the brown pills that were supposed to make it happen. I was wondering if it was likely that this was due to my body not being adjusted to the birth control yet, since the chances of me being pregnant are very slim.
Johanna
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Birth Control Pills Question

Unread post by Johanna »

Yep, late or missing withdrawal bleeds aare a very common side effect as the body gets used to hormonal birth control.

By the way, it is not necessary to test a condom by filling it with water. When a condom breaks, its obvious right away and you'll notice.
"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." - Ayn Rand
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic