The condom broke and i took plan b, could i be pregnant?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
sadatheart
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

The condom broke and i took plan b, could i be pregnant?

Unread post by sadatheart »

So i had sexual intercourse about less than 2 weeks ago and the condom broke but he pulled out so only a small amout of ejaculation entered me( if you are asking why he pulled out is even though he had a condom is bc i asked him to bc im extremely paranoid about getting pregnant)
i took plan b in a hour, and when i went to the doctor he told me that either my period was about to come or i was pregnant. I have had cramps and sore breasts but they could be a sign of pregnancy too. I cant take a pregnancy test because is too early and i have to wait till wednesday. I dont know what to do i have been stressing since the condom broke and i cant stop thinking about anything else
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: The condom broke and i took plan b, could i be pregnant?

Unread post by Heather »

You already have all the information anyone can give you, which is that until you can take a pregnancy test, this just isn't something you can know. We also won't engage with pregnancy scares, and this is a big reason why: there's just nothing to do here. The best I can advise for you is that you do what you can to try and focus on other things and to give yourself emotional self-care.

I do want to say, however, that it sounds to me like either your doctor is very misinformed about early pregnancy or was trying to scare you, because people who have *just* become pregnant do not have cramps and sore breasts. Usually, the first and ONLY sign of early pregnancy is a missed period. Breast changes, for example, happen way later. Cramps are not a symptom of pregnancy at all.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic