Need to know

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
shysinger21
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Need to know

Unread post by shysinger21 »

So, after class on Wednesday a cute guy in my class walked passed me, and said, "you take care of yourself", and all I did was smile and nod at him. I am really worried because I like him, and I don't want him to think I was being rude because I didn't say anything to him plus I was listening to music.
DoctorWhoFan
Awesomeness Quotient: I’m very creative.
Pronouns: He/him
Sexual identity: Straight

Re: Need to know

Unread post by DoctorWhoFan »

As long as you acknowledged him then you’re in the clear. Smiling at him as a response is perfectly acceptable, especially since it was a small thing to say. If he had said something really sweet such as “you look really cute” or “that was amazing when you....” then yes, just smiling and nodding would be rude. But for “you take care of yourself”, you’re perfectly in the clear.
Siân
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I ask ALLLLL the questions
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Figuring it out

Re: Need to know

Unread post by Siân »

A smile and a nod is never rude! You could have said more if you wanted to, but you're certainly not obliged to. Plus it's not like this is your only chance to chat to this guy - if you wanted to you could start a conversation yourself, you don't have to wait for the "one perfect opportunity when he says something first".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic