I need Some Serious Help :(

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Maddison66
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

I need Some Serious Help :(

Unread post by Maddison66 »

Hello, I’ve been very stressful and I need some serious help !

Me at my significant other, has had sexual encounters such as oral and handys things.
But every time I get fingered I bleed. Yes he is rough but I don’t say much because in fact it doesn’t bother me at all. I bled bright red and it lasted for like 2 mins and after it was completely gone.
Sometime after
I’ve gotten my period and two days after we had an encounter the same thing occurred but the blood lasted longer I still have spotting and it’s the next day. The encounter of fingering happened and I bled but I continued to bleed even though I thought it went away we continued and I lost my virginity. And now I’ve been spotting.

I’ve been wondering maybe it was just a lot for my body I’m very small and I’ve never done anything before with any other person. I’m also on birth control.

Can someone please help :(?
Jacob
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Pronouns: They

Re: I need Some Serious Help :(

Unread post by Jacob »

Hi Maddison, and welcome!

It sounds like the tissue in your vagina has been scratched or cut accidentally by your partner's hands!

Bright red, usually means it's fresh blood (older blood, like late spotting from a withdrawal bleed or period is brown) so it sounds like you have been scratched and the scratch is being disturbed and reopening.

You say your boyfriend's roughness doesn't bother you, but you don't say whether you are into it? Which I'd say is far more important. Is there anything he can do so that you it does more than just 'not bother' you? Or is this something you'd like to put on hold?

(If you are enjoying it but want to give yourself a chance to heal, I'd recommend your boyfriend be gentler, and that you look into using lube so that there is less friction.)
"In between two tall mountains there's a place they call lonesome.
Don't see why they call it lonesome.
I'm never lonesome when I go there." Connie Converse - Talkin' Like You
Maddison66
not a newbie

I am actually into it it just worries me that I’ll continuously bleed. I am gonna put a hold onto anything sexual because I think I need my body to heal instead of reopening and make me sore.

I am experiencing a little bit of cramping I’m
not sure why.

I definitely am grateful for your advice ! Thank you!
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

You two can probably still do what feels good without it resulting in injury.

For instance, if y'all are just sure to use plenty of lube and your partner is sure to give himself a super-basic manicure first, you probably won't get injured and thus, bleed. :) And for sure, you'll want to opt out of genital sex again (of any kind) until you've stopped bleeding or spotting so you can heal up.

I also want to make sure you're current with your sexual healthcare, including sexual healthcare screenings. THat's because we all need to be, but also because sometimes things like cramping and bleeding with sex are about an infection.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Maddison66
not a newbie

I never get cramping after we’ve done things before. . . . It doesn’t seem to be bad intense cramps just a little pain here and there.

Like I’ve said before I’ve never been with anyone else this is my first sexual encounters.

I also have stopped bleeding after one day thank God ! So I think he actually was a little too rough in that case.

I have an appointment coming soon with my primary doctor in about two weeks. Do you think I should wait or go somewhere and get tester sooner ?

Thank you so much xoxo
Maddison66
not a newbie

The bleeding has stopped.

My doctors appointment is in two weeks should I wait or go sooner ?

He has been checked several times. I haven’t because it’s my first time with someone. He went before and he was in the clear.

Is it possible to catch something if we’re both clear of any std or Sti?
Siân
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I ask ALLLLL the questions
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Figuring it out

Unread post by Siân »

I'm glad the bleeding stopped, have you spoken to your partner about taking a little care to make sure you don't get injured when being sexual together?

If you're not experiencing any immediate symptoms, seeing your doctor in two weeks should be fine. It's always good practice for both partners to get tested regularly and use barriers for sexual activity, even if one or both of you are new to sex. We've got more on testing here: Testing, Testing... Does that help?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic