Semen in eye

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Heathella
Awesomeness Quotient: My kindness
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Semen in eye

Unread post by Heathella »

Hi, I’ve never been on this site but i came across it while looking for help, i went on yahoo answers but all i got were scary replies and now im terrified. So Last night my boyfriend and i were having sex and we decided to finish on my face ( not the best idea ) and it got in my eyes, it happened before so I wasn’t worried, i washed my eyes out and kept hanging out with him. It was fine not irritated so i went to bed. When i woke my eye had gunk around it, i looked in the mirror my left eye was back to normal but my right was red still, thats when i freaked out, i washed my eye out more found some pink eye drops and used them, my eye gets irritated now and then, may i add its been 19 hours since me and my boyfriend had sex. Im starting to worry can it just be pink eye or could it be worse, could it be my body just washing itself out, i dont know. ( also both me and my boyfriend are each other’s only sexual partners ever and neither of us have any sti’s ) please please help i need advice, my mom is a nurse she said it looks like pink eye but im not telling her how i got it.
Siân
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I ask ALLLLL the questions
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Figuring it out

Re: Semen in eye

Unread post by Siân »

Hi Heathella,

It is possible to get an eye infection or pass on STIs via semen getting into the eye. It sounds like you did the right thing by washing your eyes out with water straight away when it happened. If it doesn't clear up in the next day or so, I'd suggest that you get it checked out by a healthcare provider - is that something you have access to?

You said neither of you have any STIs; have you had checkups recently?
Heathella
Awesomeness Quotient: My kindness
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Unread post by Heathella »

No but my school nurse said we should be fine, and my mothers also a nurse, she said it’s pinkeye but i never told her how i got it. Is there a chance it could be chlamydia even tho neither of us have it?
al
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I make zines!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by al »

Hi there Heathella,

We tend to defer to medical professionals when it comes to diagnosing and treating issues like this, so if your school nurse and mom both think that it looks like pinkeye, then it probably is.

In terms of your question, whether or not it could be a risk for contracting chlamydia (or other STIs) depends on whether or not your partner has ever potentially been exposed to STIs from other people, which can happen even with skin-to-skin sexual contact. Have either of you been tested for STIs before? A panel of negative results is really the only way to be sure that you and your partner aren't at risk, because it's often the case that people who have an STI infection may not show noticeable symptoms.

You might find it helpful to read through Can I Get Pregnant, Or Get Or Pass On An STI From That?, as it's got all the specifics about what constitutes a risk and what doesn't.
Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only in contradiction to what we know of it. -Special Agent Dana Katherine Scully
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic