Worries About Brown Discharge

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Worries About Brown Discharge

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Lucile,

So, brown-tinted discharge generally happens right before or right after your period. You can read more about which types of discharge are (and are not) cause for concern in this article: Honorably Discharged: A Guide to Vaginal Secretions. If the discharge you're noticing has very different smell or texture than normal, or is accompanied by other symptoms like pain, it's time to check in with a healthcare provider. Do you know how to access one if need be?
Lucile
Awesomeness Quotient: My discipline
Primary language: spanish
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight.

Re: Worries About Brown Discharge

Unread post by Lucile »

Yeah, I know that. The thing is I don't know why this is happening, since it has never happened before, neither along with all those symptoms. That's why I'm concerned. The color, smell and texture, is all normal.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Worries About Brown Discharge

Unread post by Sam W »

Unfortunately, we can't say for certain what's causing this either. It could just be a slightly unusual variation of discharge but, again, if you notice it's not stopping or you notice other symptoms besides it, you'll want to get checked by a healthcare provider to make sure there isn't an underlying infection.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic