a weird, new friendship that i’m unsure about

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
avaiara
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: my eyes
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual

a weird, new friendship that i’m unsure about

Unread post by avaiara »

i’ve been dating my boyfriend now for about two months. there was some drama with his ex, and to make a long story short, his “ex” who was texting me off of fake phone numbers ended up being someone trying to impersonate her to cause problems in both of our lives.

since finding out it wasn’t her who was causing the problems, she and i have been talking things out and have been offering each other a shoulder to cry/vent on if needed and she also helped me put an end to the constant harassment from the fake numbers. so, (from my end at least), it seems to be turning into a friendship.

my question is, is it weird to be friends with your boyfriends ex?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: a weird, new friendship that i’m unsure about

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi avaiara,

Nope, it's not weird! People can develop all kinds of relationships or feelings towards a partners ex, including positive ones. And while it might no be the most common outcome, as long as the friendship that's developing feels healthy, there's no reason not to pursue it if both you and she are enjoying getting to know each other.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic