Worried about this way of masturbating

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
prisc27
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm outgoing
Primary language: Spanish
Pronouns: Her
Sexual identity: Pansexual

Worried about this way of masturbating

Unread post by prisc27 »

I've been worried about how I masturbate because I'm afraid that with time I'll have consequences in my pelvic floor or something like that.
When I was like 5 or 6 (I'm 27 now) I learnt to masturbate by pushing, yeah, as if I was in labor. I lay across the bed with my legs hanging, and then I just push really hard ultil my legs shake, as if I wanted to "push" something out of my vagina. The pressure is what gives me pleasure. I've tried dildos and stuff but nothing works as much as this practice and actual sex with a human.
The thing is that I'm afraid I will have consequences cuz I've been doing this for 13 years and I don't know if it's bad for my uterus this type of pressure, because i do it at least 3 times a week :/ heeeelp, I can't masturbate in peace because I've been thinking about this for months now
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Worried about this way of masturbating

Unread post by Heather »

I'm personally unconcerned about this: if what you're doing isn't causing you any pain, I don't see any reason to think that using your muscles -- that's literally all you are doing is using them -- will damage them. If anything, you're likely strengthening them. This is not likely having any impact at all on your uterus because bearing down with those muscles (what you're calling "pushing out") probably doesn't even engage your uterus at all, as it's considerably above them. It might help to know that all of these muscles and organs are some of the strongest and most resilient in the whole body.

But this is certainly something you can ask a sexual/reproductive healthcare provider about if you'd like a second opinion!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic