Decidual bleeding

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
asiangurl
Pronouns: she

Decidual bleeding

Unread post by asiangurl »

Hi , I don't know if I can ask this question here , btw , any help are all welcomed ❤️

Can I ask what is decidual bleeding , and I've heard decidual bleeding causes influction of hormones in body , does it affect hpt detecting hcg level , and is it rare , and is decidual bleeding the blood discharging while cryptic pregnancy , any advices / help are really welcome

Thanks a lot Staffs from scarleteen
Alice M
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: my boundaries
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: bi/pan

Re: Decidual bleeding

Unread post by Alice M »

Hi there,

I will direct you to The Period During Pregnancy Misunderstanding:
There is also something called decidual bleeding, and it’s actually one of the most common causes of period-like bleeding that occurs during pregnancy. Because hormones can be very discombobulated during pregnancy, part of the lining of the uterus can be shed. Usually it’s not considered a health risk, but if a person doesn’t know they're pregnant it can seem like a period.
Additionally, bleeding during pregnancy happens for a minority of people (so, not common) and that means that getting your period is a reliable way to know you are not pregnant. For someone who is taking a pregnancy test appropriately, bleeding will not affect the results.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic