is it herpes?

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
lemonlemon666
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual

is it herpes?

Unread post by lemonlemon666 »

hi guys
my girlfriend (same sex relationship here!) has never tested positive for herpes, and i lost my virginity to her so i could not have gotten it from anyone else.
we have had sex a fair few times, but after staying with her for a week,where we had sex every day sometimes multiple times a day, i have come home with 3 or 4 little red lumps around my vagina. they are only a bit stingy when i touch them, and i also have a few red areas on the inside of my labia. i was wondering if this could be herpes even if she doesn't have herpes?
the ones inside my labia could just be little rips from her being slightly rough (as i also had a cut to the side of my clitoris that has begun to heal) but after a few days they haven't started healing.
i went to the doctor for an std check but haven't gotten the results back yet but am dying to know if this could be herpes :(
thank you to anyone who can help!
-lemon
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Re: is it herpes?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi lemonlemon,

You're already doing the main thing we'd recommend, which is getting this checked out by a healthcare provider. Did they do a visual examination of the lumps when you went for the STI test? Too, if you haven't already done so, it may help to read about what herpes symptoms, when they're present, generally look like: The STI Files: Herpes

If you and she are concerned about the possibility of STI transmission, have you been barriers during sex (including dental dams, gloves, and condoms when relevant)?
lemonlemon666
Primary language: English
Sexual identity: bisexual

Unread post by lemonlemon666 »

thank you for your response :)
no they didn’t do a visual examination when i went to the doctor
the bumps don’t look like herpes blisters, and they aren’t painful or weeping fluid
we weren’t concerned about the transmission of any stis during sex due to her being tested negative for any recently, so haven’t used dental dams or gloves etc, but i think we will next time!
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

You're welcome!

So, if these bumps are still causing discomfort and not going away, your best bet is to check in with a healthcare provider again and ask them to take a look.

Adding in safer sex supplies sounds like an excellent plan! Not only do they help you feel less anxious about things like STI transmission, they can also reduce the likelihood of things like those cuts you experienced. Too, those materials help prevent the spread of STIs that aren't routinely tested for, such as HPV and herpes.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic