Stress

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
snowwhitex
not a newbie
Pronouns: She/her

Stress

Unread post by snowwhitex »

Hey guys,
I wanted to ask if it's possible to feel pregnancy symptoms two weeks after sex? I feel kinda sick, don't want to eat and feel sleepy. We use condoms and withdrawal. Idk if it's from the stress or should I take a pregnancy test?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Stress

Unread post by Heather »

If it's already been two weeks since your risk, and you're concerned about a pregnancy, then you can go ahead and take a test now. It's not common for people to feel symptoms so soon, but since you're clearly concerned about pregnancy, your next step would be to take a pregnancy test.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
snowwhitex
not a newbie

But I'm not due to my period right now and it's not late yet. Would it be accurate?
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

If these symptoms you're worrying are pregnancy symptoms are, in fact, pregnancy symptoms, then you would get a positive on the test now. You can't have pregnancy symptoms when you're not pregnant.

On the other hand, if you got a negative on the test now, then you could be assured that nope, what you're feeling isn't about pregnancy. Make sense?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
snowwhitex
not a newbie

Ok sure, tomorrow I will do a pregnancy test. But wouldn't it be false negative then? Just symptoms
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

In order to have pregnancy symptoms, someone has to be at least as pregnant as their body producing the hormone pregnancy does. Without being at least that far along there can't be symptoms.

So, what testing now would answer for you is if how you're feeling could or could not be related to pregnancy. Make more sense now?
snowwhitex
not a newbie

I did the test and it said negative. So, pretty sure it's not pregnancy symptoms. :) thank you for your help!
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

You're welcome. :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic