Just a question.

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Browsing2
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He / Him

Just a question.

Unread post by Browsing2 »

I just have a question. When I masturbated a few days ago, i got some pre-cum on my hand. I didn't think much of it and a few minutes later, I finished up. No cum seemed to have touched my hands during this process. I quickly washed my hands with soap and water, dried my hands, and left. I was on auto pilot at the time, so I believe I didn't wash my hands for long. I pushed open a few doors to get outside, then got worried about any residual sperm on my hands and if it got onto the door handles. I didn't feel any at the time, but my mind will not allow me to let this go. Am I in the clear?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Just a question.

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Browsing2,

Sperm are actually pretty fragile and need very specific conditions to survive. Even if you hadn't washed your hands, sperm can't survive the trip from your penis to your hand to the doorknob. You can read more about why that is here: Who's Afraid of Sperm Cells?

You mention your mind will not allow you to let this go. Is there a particular thing you're afraid will happen if there was still sperm on your hands? And do you often find that your brain kind of latches on to certain worries in this way?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic