Initiation and contact in sex

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: Initiation and contact in sex

Unread post by Mo »

If it helps, I do have friends who aren't cis and have been pregnant and had children. I realize that pregnancy and childbirth can cause a lot of dysphoria for some people, and that's a valid reason not to pursue it, but it is possible to become a parent (either through bearing children yourself or through fostering/adoption) even if you are not cis. It can bring up a lot of complicated feelings, for sure, but it can be possible.
ShadowSong21
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My adaptability
Primary language: Polish/English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Girl(non-binary) / Pansexual-Demisexual

Unread post by ShadowSong21 »

I bet there are some folks who are trans and/or nonbinary who have been pregnant and had children and I'm sure you know some, but it's likely you're talking about AFAB people. I can't become pregnant, and not because of complicated feelings. I was asked by Sian what I'd miss because of not being cis and things I've listed aren't and can't be possible for me.

Also I'm sorry if I come of rude, but often when you're responding you're only addressing 5-10% of what I've said, and I worry that because of the status of my thread being answered, other staff members who might have more input might disregard reading my post, and thus leaving rest 90% unanswered. Again i'm sorry if that seems rude, or anything... ;/
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Shadowsong,

So, it sounds like part of what you're grieving is the idea of carrying children or giving birth, specifically. When your therapist brought up the idea of grieving that, and other things you feel you'll never have because you're no cis, did they give you any tools or advice on how to navigate that grieving process? In other words, have they given you ideas for how to move through the grief and get beyond it (as much as one can) rather than just having everything collapse around you and staying stuck in the grief?

With intimacy struggles, have you spoken at all to your partner about them? If so, how have those conversations gone?

(Thank you for voicing those concerns, by the way, although my sense was Mo was offering input on the one part of your question as a sort of chiming in, assuming someone else would pick up the rest and continue the conversation).
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

I apologize that my responses have made it sound like I'm trying to ignore part of your posts; when I've only had input on part of a question I wanted to address it instead of leaving the entire post unanswered, but I get how that could be frustrating and I'll make sure to avoid it in the future.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic