Masturbation & The Hymen

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
MoonStone7
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Memorised 85 digits of Pi :)
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight female, bi-curious

Masturbation & The Hymen

Unread post by MoonStone7 »

Hi,

I had a question about masturbation and the hymen that I was hoping someone could help me out with!

I have heard that the hymen is located at the beginning of the vaginal opening, and I've looked at diagrams but I'm not exactly sure where the vaginal opening starts. When I masturbate using my fingers, if I am really aroused I can fit my middle finger pretty much all the way to the last knuckle inside. Considering the length of my finger, does that mean I've gone past the location of the hymen? And does that mean my hymen has been eroded/broken? Because I have never bled from masturbating, so I always assumed my hymen was further up, and was surprised to hear it was just near the opening.

If anyone could clarify my doubts, that would be so helpful!

"It's lonely to be more powerful than any man you know, and have to live like a shadow. To be special, and have to pretend you're a fool."
- Merlin
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: Masturbation & The Hymen

Unread post by Mo »

The hymen is located just inside the vaginal opening, about a centimeter or two, so it's not deep inside at all. It's not something that really "breaks," though; it does erode or wear away over time, due to a lot of different factors. We have a good, in-depth article that explains a lot about the hymen and some common myths/misconceptions about it, and I think it'll help answer your questions: My Corona: The Anatomy Formerly Known as the Hymen & the Myths That Surround It.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic