Hormonal imbalance

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
shysinger21
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Hormonal imbalance

Unread post by shysinger21 »

So, I have a condition called a hormonal imbalance, and I am worried that a guy can't get his finger in me because of it. I am also taking pills. I am also worried about showing him my body because of all the hair I have.
Alice M
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: my boundaries
Sexual identity: bi/pan

Re: Hormonal imbalance

Unread post by Alice M »

Hi there.

I have a couple of questions for you. Are you actively under the care of a doctor for the hormonal imbalance? Also, if manual sex is something that you want (or suspect that you want) from someone else, have you tried it yourself to determine if it's comfortable and enjoyable for you first? That would be a great place to start, if you haven't done that yet.

When it comes to body hair, everyone is different. We are mammals, and mammals have body hair: end of story. The important thing is that you're comfortable with your body and know that there's nothing wrong with you for naturally growing hair. Here are two great articles that go more into depth about this:

The Sex Goddess Blues: Insecurities About Body Hair & Grooming

To Shave Or Not To Shave? Here's The Answer.
shysinger21
not a newbie
Sexual identity: Straight

Unread post by shysinger21 »

Yes, I am under the care of a doctor for my hormonal imbalance, so what your saying is that me or anyone can still stick a finger in my vagina even though I have a hormonal imbalance because I think that is why it is closed up because of it. I was also wondering if lube would work.
Alice M
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: my boundaries
Sexual identity: bi/pan

Unread post by Alice M »

Yes, while hormonal imbalances (and the other symptoms involved with various specific disorders) can be uncomfortable, for sure, it should not rule out sexual activity assuming you're feeling enthusiastic consent about it. Using lube, beginning slowly and continuing for only as long as you're enjoying yourself is absolutely vital. Lube is important regardless of hormone levels.

Here is some more relevant reading for you, let me know if you have questions about it:

Going Solo: The Basics of Masturbation
Ready or Not? The Scarleteen Sex Readiness Checklist
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic