What colour is precum?

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Juliaho90
not a newbie
Pronouns: She

What colour is precum?

Unread post by Juliaho90 »

Hi, since I am starting to become sexually active I am curious about certain things, more than I used to. Sorry if my questions are dumb.

I know that precum is usually a clear fluid, but sometimes, my friend’s precum has a bit of white-ish stain mixed together with the clear fluid. Is that considered precum or is that ejaculate?
I have asked him before and he said that it wasn’t ejaculate and just precum. His ejaculate is of a pure white colour, no trace of the transparent fluid. So I’m just curious about the precum, if it is a clear fluid with a bit of white in it, is that normal precum? Or is that ejaculate?
Juliaho90
not a newbie
Pronouns: She

Re: What colour is precum?

Unread post by Juliaho90 »

Oh sorry I also wanted to add that I read online from an Australian government website (https://playsafe.health.nsw.gov.au/2015 ... discharge/) on sexual health that the precum colour ranges from clear fluid to whitish. So I just wanted to confirm if it’s normal? It only looks like that sometimes, and most often, it is just a clear sticky fluid.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: What colour is precum?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Juliaho,

No need to apologize, answering questions about sex and bodies is what we're here for.

Yes, even with that white-ish element, what your friend is experiencing is still pre-ejaculate. Part of that is because the different in pre-ejaculate and ejaculate is not just about color. It's also about things like what it contains, when in someone's sexual response cycle it happens, and how it feels (ejaculate is far, far more likely to be coupled with orgasm, which most people are going to notice when it happens).
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic