Shortened Placebo Week with Pills

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Peonies
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I can raise plants from the dead
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: cis female

Shortened Placebo Week with Pills

Unread post by Peonies »

Hi Scarleteen!

Work has kept me busy and I haven't had time to stop by lately. Hope everyone is doing well. :)

I am switching the start day for my pills. I used to start on a Thursday night but now am starting on Sunday (it's just easier for me to remember starting a new pack). I took my first placebo pill on Thursday and then went ahead and started my new pack of pills on Sunday. So I shortened my placebo week by a few days. This is ok in terms of effectiveness right? So long as I'm not shortening my active pills? Just double checking :)
Formerly CraftyKid
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Re: Shortened Placebo Week with Pills

Unread post by Redskies »

Yes, shortening a placebo week like that is fine for effectiveness.

It's possible that the timing of your bleed might be a little thrown off temporarily or that you might get a bit of breakthrough bleeding, but the only issues with that are the inconvenience or if someone wasn't expecting it and got worried. Whether those happen or not, your contraceptive coverage will be fine.
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
Peonies
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I can raise plants from the dead
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: cis female

Re: Shortened Placebo Week with Pills

Unread post by Peonies »

Awesome! Thank you Redskies for a speedy reply!
Formerly CraftyKid
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic