Masturbation and Urination

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
tamawara
Pronouns: She/her

Masturbation and Urination

Unread post by tamawara »

Uh okay so this is my first time trying to post a thing here so hopefully I'm not doing this wrong but basically I'm a 19 year old female and every time I masturbate there comes a point when I just really feel like I need to piss. I've done the whole go to the bathroom before thing, the feeling persists. When the feeling comes and I go to the bathroom then and try again it just comes back. (Maybe my bladder is just astronomically sized.) And (maybe this is tmi but) recently when I was masturbating I didn't even realise I had the feeling until all of a sudden things were v e r y wet and there was a large wet patch on my sheets. While it doesn't smell like urine I do just tend to be a hydrated person so I'm also pretty sure it's not female ejaculation/squirting (and that only happens during orgasm anyway right?). So yeah, I really don't know what to do about it, any advice?
al
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I make zines!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Masturbation and Urination

Unread post by al »

Hi there tamawara, and welcome to Scarleteen!

I can't say for sure why you're feeling that I-gotta-pee feeling, but it's not an uncommon feeling associated with arousal and orgasm for people of all genders. Usually it has to with the muscles of the pelvic floor contracting, which might also put pressure on the bladder. Unless you find yourself in pain or having other symptoms that are concerning, it's probably nothing to worry about!

As for the wetness on the bed: what you're describing is probably just vaginal secretions! (I know that's a pretty clinical-sounding term for it - my preferred nickname is "DIY lube".) What's With Being Wet From That? talks about it in detail, but it's natural for the vagina to create lubrication when it's aroused/stimulated. That's what makes things easier and more comfortable if there's any stimulation or insertion of the vulva and vagina. And that can happen even without being touched - just thinking about or seeing something sexual can start the whole arousal cycle. (More on that in Sexual Response and Orgasm: A User's Guide!)
As for what you said about ejaculation/squirting - there's still a lot that hasn't been fully researched, but you're right; it's not urine. It can happen just with being stimulated, without orgasm, and it doesn't happen for everybody. You can read all about it over at Squirt: On Ejaculation.
Whether it was as a result of ejaculation, or just plain wetness from being aroused, it's perfectly healthy, and there's nothing wrong with you! Some people with vaginas ejaculate sometimes, some people self-lubricate more than others; what matters is that you're exploring your body in a way that feels comfy and enjoyable. If you're concerned about leaving that wet spot, it can help to keep on underwear during masturbation, or put down a towel for easy cleanup!
Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only in contradiction to what we know of it. -Special Agent Dana Katherine Scully
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic