Self conscious

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Bulldoge
Awesomeness Quotient: Proud of my ginger hair
Primary language: English
Pronouns: O

Self conscious

Unread post by Bulldoge »

[GRAPHIC]

So I've just turned 16 and I am very worried about my penis size, I am to afraid to talk to my parents. It is around 1.2 inches and around 2 inches when erect, is this a problem? I have also little pubic hair, no armpit hair, leg, arm and facial hair, my foreskin is also very tight so it is impossible to stretch it over. I am very sub conscious about this and scared, I dont feel like I have hit puberty even!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Self conscious

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Bulldoge,

It sounds like this situation is causing you a lot of stress, so let's see if we can help you lower that a little. For starters, it may help to know that at age 16 you likely have several years of puberty ahead of you; in fact, some people are just starting puberty at your age. So the fact that you haven't noticed certain changes yet isn't a sign that they'll never happen.

Too, even if your penis doesn't grow much during puberty, that isn't automatically a problem; people can have happy, healthy sex lives with genitals of all shapes and sizes. This article does a great job of breaking down why that is: https://www.scarleteen.com/article/advi ... penis_size.

You mention you're afraid to talk to your parents about this. Is that because sex and bodies in general aren't something you talk about with them, or is there something about this specific issue that's causing that worry?
Bulldoge
Awesomeness Quotient: Proud of my ginger hair
Primary language: English
Pronouns: O

Unread post by Bulldoge »

Thank you so much for this speedy reply, my stress levels have lowered as I am realising this information! Yes sex and bodies is never ever discussed in our family I am afraid on how they would react?!!?
Thank you!!!
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

You're so welcome, I'm glad the information was helpful!

Okay, if this is way outside of the normal topics your family talks about, I can see why bringing it up would make you extra nervous. If being able to talk about these things with family is something important to you, we can certainly talk about how to do that. But if you're feeling a bit more at ease about this and don't feel like trying to start conversation with them about something that was already a sensitive topic for you, that's absolutely okay too.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic