Crazy Withdrawal Bleeding 2

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
FruitCake
not a newbie

Crazy Withdrawal Bleeding 2

Unread post by FruitCake »

Hey. I posted earlier that i had taken EC pills a day after a broken condom mishap and that afterwards, i had withdrawal bleeding for 4 days and AFTER that withdrawal bleeding, a few days later, i started bleeding brown blood in a small quantity. You guys replied and said that sometimes EC messes up the cycle and this may be leftover blood from the withdrawal bleeding.
But today, the bleeding got a lil heavier and brighter in colour and i'm also experiencing a little cramping(similar to when i'm menstruating). When i actually check, i should be menstruating around this time. However, i thought that after the 4 days of withdrawal bleeding from the EC, my period would arrive a bit later down. Could this actually be a lighter version of my period?
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect condoms.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Crazy Withdrawal Bleeding 2

Unread post by Karyn »

Taking EC can mess with your cycle, but it doesn't always. It's possible that this is your period, even though you had some bleeding earlier: bleeding as a side effect doesn't necessarily mean that you won't have a period when you expect it.
"Where there is power, there is resistance." -Michel Foucault
FruitCake
not a newbie

Re: Crazy Withdrawal Bleeding 2

Unread post by FruitCake »

Thanks for that :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic