Changing my pill schedule

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
annabanana
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm about to graduate college!
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Changing my pill schedule

Unread post by annabanana »

Hi,

I need to change my pill schedule because I am going overseas for a week at the end of this month and the time that I had been taking my pill (10:00 pm) will be in the middle of the night there. I just started a new pack yesterday, and took the pill at 3:00 pm instead of 10:00 pm, and plan to take the entire pack on this new schedule. On the next pack (which I will start a couple of days after I return from overseas), I will want to return to my 10:00 pm schedule, so should I then just take the first pill of the next pack at 10:00 pm, or is that too long to wait? Should I be worried about decreasing the effectiveness of my pill with changing my schedule around twice on two different packs?

Thanks!
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Changing my pill schedule

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi annabanana,

Adjusting your schedule again should not compromise your effectiveness (assuming it does not involve you skipping an entire day). I would suggest you call your pharmacist and ask for their advice about how to work taking the pill with the time change. Too, if you're worried about compromised effectiveness, you can always back up with condoms if you engage in sex.
annabanana
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm about to graduate college!
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Re: Changing my pill schedule

Unread post by annabanana »

Okay, thanks so much for your help!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic